So, you want to find out how to be handsome…let me tell you something: you’re certainly not alone.
As guys, most of us have probably felt at some time or another that we are not attractive enough. Every man on the planet wants in some level to look and feel handsome!!
Whether we like it or not , our appearance gives a good or bad impression of ourselves to all the people we interact with. Including, yes…that girl you’re probably interested in. Do you start seeing why taking good care of your appearance is so important?
Good! Becasue here you will find practical and easy tips that will help you improve not only your appearance but your self-confidence too!
So Tell Me, What Can I do to Improve my Appearance?
First, you have to understand that being handsome is more than having born with good looks. Being handsome has more to do with the way how you carry yourself.
This means that if you want to start improving your appearance you have to:
– start paying attention to your grooming
– start exercising your body to be in good shape
– start paying attention to your clothing and your hairstyle
– start building your self-confidence and personality.
All these things can literally transform your appearance in ways you didn’t thought possible.
1. Take care of your body
- There’s nothing attractive or sexy about being overweight or underweight either!. A muscular and athletic build is very desirable. So you will need to lose some extra pounds or start packing on some muscle mass, and the only way to do this is going to the gym whether you like it or not! A healthy and muscular body will make you look and feel strong and add to your confidence levels.
- Eat right. Some of the things you can eat are vegetables, fruits, dairy products, high-protein (eggs, skim milk,lean red meat, seafood), carbs (whole grains,brown rice), a certain amount of healthy unsaturated fats(nuts,avocados, olives) and so on.
You can learn more about how to eat healthy in books from the local library or talk to your doctor or nutritionist. They might be able to tell you how to go about doing this and the right way for your body
- Drink a lot of water, make sure to consume around 8 glasses of water everyday. Water helps to increase your muscles and the fat burning metabolism of your body and also helps to keep your skin appearing fresh and supple.
- Get plenty of sleep as this has many instant benefits. Your muscles actually grow OUT of the gym while you are eating and resting and not IN the gym. So proper sleep will allow for their optimal recovery and will ensure that they have ample time to repair and rebuild themselves.
Having enough sleep increases your energy, keeps you mentally sharp and helps with your appearance and metabolism.
2. Pay attention to your grooming
Imagine a guy coming in a room, untidy… what is your first impression? The fact is that just with the looks we start to give that person rate, right?
It’s like..when you are shopping for a cool shirt. You won’t buy the one dirty and odd looking, you will go for the one that is well presented and well manufactured.
Male grooming is very important, because it reflects your personality, especially to women. If you care enough to maintain hygiene and keep yourself clean and smelling good, they start thinking: “Wow, if he’s taking good care of himself, he may as well be good in taking good care of other people”.
You don’t have to be high maintenance, but you gotta have at least the basics covered. Here are some points to remember:
- Shave your face properly and take into account your skin type too. This is important because not every skin care product out there suits everyone. In fact, all of them specify the type of skin they cater too.
- Use a good deodorant. Learn how to choose one, because some can be twice as effective as others.
- Select the appropriate shampoo and conditioner according to your hair texture
- Keep your breath fresh, use a good mouthwash and find the way how to eliminate the cause once and for all
- Keep your skin moist at all times. Don’t let your skin get dry. Dryness causes the outer layer of your skin to break, leading to a rough and unattractive appearance. Use moisturizers/ emollients. Moisturizers work best when applied while the skin is still slightly wet.
- Avoid the use of soap on your face. Soap should only be used from below the neck.
3. Have a Personal Style
The way you dress really speaks a lot of you. Wearing the right clothes can really add points to your overall look, (making you more attractive and giving you certain “status” in front of women); or in the other hand, no matter how brilliant, witty or friendly you might be, people will assume the opposite if you’re not well dressed.
To look your best, you must know which body type you have and dress accordingly to it. The clothes you wear must highlight your features and hide your flaws.
One thing to remember: Don’t think that wearing expensive clothes will necesarily make you look good, they won’t if they don’t go with your body type..
For example here you have some general tips:
If you’re Tall and Slim:
- Use horizontal stripes to bulk you up a bit . A single, large horizontal stripe across your chest can be particularly flattering because it will make your shoulders appear broader and will make you look like you have been going to the gym.
- Men’s clothes that have large prints such as check shirts (with large checks) can look great on you. That’s because a big print casual shirt adds volume to the attire toning down the height.
- Choose lighter colors (whites, creams, light blues, light grays, and pastels), they will make you appear slightly larger, and help to visually bulk you up a bit
If you’re NOT very tall:
- Use vertical stripes in clothing to your advantage. They will help you add some extra inches visually.
- Use dark solid colors, especially black since they visually lengthen the body. The same applies to light or medium-weight fabrics because ghavier fabrics tend to make you look bulkier and shorter.
If you’re a large guy:
- The secret to looking slimmer is to choose clothes that are neither tight nor baggy, your clothes should just skim your body without hugging it too closely.
- Use vertical stripes to your advantage too. Stripes should be narrow, not overly wide for the best look. For example: pinstripe dress shirts will look great when mixed with dark jeans or black pants. For casual wear, a pair of dark corduroys with slim stripes that are made from thin material wiil look good. Stay away from horizontal and diagonal stripes.
- Avoid T-shirts or dress shirts with large or busy prints. These kinds of prints will draw attention to the upper half of your body, which is something you don’t want to. Instead a shirt with a small print that is spaced quite far apart will look much better. So choose prints carefully.
4. Be Self-confident
Your personality actually matters A LOT more than your physical looks. So, having self-confidence is an important thing to develop in order to be handsome.
Confidence is sexy. Here are some tips that can boost your self-esteem and build your self-confidence:
- Be yourself. Your body is just one part of who you are – along with your talent for comedy, a quick wit, or all the other things that make you unique. Your talents, skills, and beliefs are just as much a part of you as the casing they come in. So try not to let minor imperfections take over.
- Maintain a good posture. Sit up, walk and stand straight. Avoid hunching, leaning forward and stumbling. A good posture can enhance your personality and make you look appealing.
- Smile. The BEST thing you can do is look “inviting”. And there’s no better “invitation” than a smile. It’s not too much what you put ON your face; it’s what comes FROM your face that girls notice. A nice, clean, confident looking guy who smiles like he’s glad to see you, -is a “babe magnet”. Look “interested” & you’ll BE interesting… -It’s as simple as that.
Your self-confidence is expressed through dominant, confident posture and walk, strong and secure eye contact, and through your smile.
Your external appearance is roughly a projection of your self-image and beliefs.
Good-looking people KNOW they’re good-looking, and a lot of confidence stems from that. And confidence is absolutely crucial in so many areas of life. It’s not something you can artificially create.
Confidence begins with a true belief that you have the tools (and the looks) that you require to succeed.